So I know we’re right at crunch time now, but I thought I would share my treats for tonight!
I absolutely LOVE Halloween and was constantly gutted while growing up because my parents would never let me go trick or treating.
“You’ll get pinched!” my poor mother would tell me. Aww, the price for being so cute I guess (hehe).
I intended to make these lovely treats will just yellow, brown and orange chocolates but couldn’t seem to find any.
I think all the organised peeps got in first so I was left with a mixed bag.
Regardless, they taste delicious (so did the raw mixture).
I bought a cutie tray to put them on too, I figured if any kids do knock on my door I should look the part!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature, for pan
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 cup each orange, yellow, and brown candy-coated chocolates (from a 12.6-ounce bag)
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt; stir just until moistened. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top. Arrange candies in 12 rows (2 rows per color, repeating once) on top of dough.
3. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.